Skip to main content

Daily Journal of Life 03.05.2023

  

Habit

Thoughts

Exercise:

My Religion

Bike Ride 25 mins. Legs workout and Rehab.

Strength:

4 Sets of Leg Extension Machine. 4 Sets of Leg Press Machine. 4 Sets of Leg Curl Machine. 4 Sets of Seated Calf Raises. 3 Sets of Barbell Glute Bridges. All the exercises were done with a moderate weight.

The main takeaway for today was the Leg Press Machine. I felt a limiting motion if I pointed my toes straight. By pointing the toes slightly outwards I could sense much more movement. The back felt comfortable through out the day barring 2-3 instances of some discomfort. I think I can move towards increasing the weight in coming weeks before I transition to a Squat.

Rehab:

McGill Big 3 (1 set each). Lock Big 3 (1 set each). Lying Back extension. Banded Mobilisation.

These exercises are providing a foundation for recovery. The pain management through these exercises has been terrific. I wonder if they can fully heal me. There was pain throughout the day on Monday when I worked out Chest. Afterward, I included the lying back extension exercise. It strengthens the lower back. I am not even aware if I have a weak lower back. I have not yet gotten down to the reason of my pain. But I will try them and see if things work.

Zone 2-3 Training:

Heartrate 110-145 bpm on Garmin watch (180 minutes per week target)

13 mins. For the week 28 mins

Meditate:

5 minutes of practice to start with       

No. I will try before sleeping.

Influence Book:

Book by Robert Cialdini. Want to go slow to internalize the concepts

Zero today. Will finish by 13/05/2023. I read Show your Work instead

Homework for life:

A daily practice to capture important events of the day that made an impact on you; that can form a story.

The thing that we started from North Block before informing the Commissioner is bothering me now. I have sent an apology message to which he has not replied. Although the matter was settled once I picked him up. It still feels that I let him down. Now why do I need to wait for his reply My task of seeking an apology is over. It is his task to respond or not. So, I should not worry about his task.

If I am so bothered by not getting responses back, I should think this before shooting texts whether I can bear a no response. Surely it would prevent some heart ache but it is going to limit a lot of possibilities. So one should go all out and say our mind.

Weight:

Daily monitoring to track my eating habits and goals.

87.40 Kg. Same as yesterday. Let’s see progress till 30/05/2023. Target weight 85.40 Kg.

Push-ups:

Just to have an everyday pump

0.

Kegel:

For a strong pelvic muscle floor.

2 reps to failure

Calves:

To grow these minions

60 (60 Seated)

Write:

To take forward a passion not realized

Blog

Mewing:

Just a fad maybe. To breathe better; for a visible jawline

As I write this

One Podcast:

Podcasts to learn and grow. Utilize Travel time

Huberman labs. Did not infer much.

Flossing:

Remove Plaque, prevent cavities

Done in Morning

Brush at Night:

Needs no description

Thankfully

Skin Care:

To look at least my age and age gracefully

Doing well.

Clean:

No Intoxications for a spiritual, healthy, productive, and meaningful life

111 days

No Po:

Abstinence from a vice

360 days. 5 more for a milestone.



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Journal of Life 27.04.23

  Habit Thoughts Exercise: My Religion Went to the Gym on cycle. Did 8 min walk on treadmill. Tried to run but the back felt uncomfortable so I dropped it. Then moved to the Weights Area for Arms day. 4 sets of Bicep Curl Extensions of medium weight. 4 sets of Seated Dumbell Curls. Medium weight but performed with rep cadence. 4 sets of Preacher EZ Bar Curls with medium weight. 1 set of Hammer Curl. 4 sets Seated Calf raises Went to the CrossFit section for banded mobilization of the left hip joint. I do 1 long hold of banded pigeon position in which the stretch of the band is strong and I open my hip joint to the best extent possible. It is indeed a great hip-opening manoeuvre. Later I did the usual McGill Big 3 followed by Shoulder rehabs. Then I did 7 pull-ups on the fat bar. I finished off the workout with 2 good sets of Barbell Glute bridges on the same platform I mentioned earlier. I closed...

Daily Journal of Life 10.05.2023

Thought of the day We are becoming ever more conscious of our health owing to the never seen before health issues we are fighting. Many lifestyle diseases are plaguing us that we knowingly and unknowingly invite into our lives. It has become ever more important to monitor our health as we have little physical activity left in our lives made easier by technology. Most jobs are desk-based and only a margin of professions now need physical work. Technology has made our lives sedentary. Some people are truly conscious and track down their health stats regularly. It is said that below 40 years of age one can get a yearly or bi-yearly check-up done for general health. After 40 the check-up should be more frequent. I prefer getting a yearly Blood work done just to check if any tweaking around the diet is required. Also, it gives you a peep into the working of your organs and general health. It can alarm you if there is something abnormal that needs working on. There are plenty of marker...

Daily Journal of Life 04.05.2023

Thought of the Day Indian Customs is facing a challenge due to the erratic functioning of a newly introduced Electronic Cash Ledger Wallet in the ICEGATE portal. This portal facilitates the trade to make Customs Duty payments for their Imported goods and on Exported goods where ever applicable. The wallet was introduced to improvise on the existing system of reporting the Duty collection figure at the end of the day to RBI. The intent was to help the trade by giving a facility to use their wallets for ease of duty payment and for real-time duty reconciliation for the RBI. The wallet was launched after due deliberations, discussions, and User Acceptance Testing by the vendor team maintaining the portal. However, post its launch the ECL got marred by multiple issues. The payments got almost paralyzed and there became a huge pile of transactions stuck in the system due to either Bank Payment failures or issues of integration of the pay...