Skip to main content

Daily Journal of Life 04.05.2023

Thought of the Day

Indian Customs is facing a challenge due to the erratic functioning of a newly introduced Electronic Cash Ledger Wallet in the ICEGATE portal. This portal facilitates the trade to make Customs Duty payments for their Imported goods and on Exported goods where ever applicable. The wallet was introduced to improvise on the existing system of reporting the Duty collection figure at the end of the day to RBI. The intent was to help the trade by giving a facility to use their wallets for ease of duty payment and for real-time duty reconciliation for the RBI.

The wallet was launched after due deliberations, discussions, and User Acceptance Testing by the vendor team maintaining the portal. However, post its launch the ECL got marred by multiple issues. The payments got almost paralyzed and there became a huge pile of transactions stuck in the system due to either Bank Payment failures or issues of integration of the payments in the portal. The trade was badly impacted as shipments got stuck at the ports for the want of necessary clearances on the portal. As a result, many shipments had to be given Manual Out of Charge.

Eventually, the issues were resolved in a war-like effort. The system started functioning fine but the huge backlog could not be cleared immediately. As a repercussion trade has been incessantly following up for their blocked money or interest charges, demurrage charges accrued for no fault of theirs.

I have been compiling the issues being faced by trade through the emails that they send to the Member, CBIC. After going through emails for the last many days, a pattern has emerged on the major issues. Those issues have been sorted and categorized for the higher-ups.

The issue remains that the trader has to get a solution. Coming into their shoes, I realize that I would have reacted similarly. If my money gets stuck in the system issues it would cause me pain and frustration. Above that, if I need to pay interest charges when I am not at fault I would surely blame the system. These emails are all complaints highlighting their plight.

Habit

Review

Exercise:

My Religion

Bike Ride 65 mins. Rehab at home.

Bike Ride:

Drove to Aerocity, back to Vasant Kunj at Nelson Mandela Marg.

The main takeaway for today was that I tried to feel the Zone 2 cardio state through the test of speech. I tried speaking continuously for a moment. I realized that I became out of breath while being at 140 bpm. It proved that biking was an effective way of cardio and maintaining a Zone 2-3 cardio state. Cycling is Fun but I am not yet used to long rides beyond 1 hour. I need to build up my way to at least 2 hours of Zone 2-3 cardio.

Rehab:

McGill Big 3 (1 set each). Lock Big 3 (1 set each). Lying Back extension.

Book I read: 

My learning

I am currently reading "Show Your Work" by Austen Kleon. It is a book that I badly wanted to read to get my writing started and publish my blog. I am reading it again after a few months as I am getting in the groove to publish content regularly. I needed a refresher. 

The best thing read today was that we should not be shy of sharing our likings and inspirations. Our taste is developed from our inspirations and we should not get influenced by others' opinions on the same. It also gave the idea that one can create content around the stuff that one is inspired by. It may be a sport, music, your heroes, what you read, someone you follow online, or practitioners of your field. 

Even this row inserted today is an inspiration from these lines. I can share my learning for the day and concretize my concepts.  

Zone 2-3 Training:

Heartrate 110-145 bpm on Garmin watch (180 minutes per week target)

46 mins. For the week 74 mins

Meditate:

5 minutes of practice to start with     

No. I will try before sleeping.

Homework for life:

A daily practice to capture important events of the day that made an impact on you; that can form a story.

Yesterday Papa sent a video of a singing bird being captured by a team of photographers. It was hilarious as Papa could not realize that it is a fake video and that too an evidently fake one. He is gullible to spoof and fake videos. Probably he is a newbie in the tech world. But he is otherwise a brilliant investigator.

Weight:

Daily monitoring to track my eating habits and goals.

87.10 Kg. 300 gm less than yesterday Let’s see progress till 30/05/2023. Target weight 85.40 Kg.

Push-ups:

Just to have an everyday pump

27.

Kegel:

For a strong pelvic muscle floor.

2 reps to failure

Calves:

To grow these minions

80 (80 Standing) + 50 Tibialis Raises

Write:

To take forward a passion not realized

Blog

Mewing:

Just a fad maybe. To breathe better; for a visible jawline

As I write this

One Podcast:

Podcasts to learn and grow. Utilize Travel time

Huberman labs. Did not infer much.

Flossing:

Remove Plaque, prevent cavities

Done in Morning

Brush at Night:

Needs no description

Thankfully

Skin Care:

To look at least my age and age gracefully

Doing well.

Clean:

No Intoxications for a spiritual, healthy, productive, and meaningful life

112 days

No Po:

Abstinence from a vice

361 days. 4 more for a milestone.

Pic of the Day

75 Suryanamaskars at HMI Base Camp, Chaurikhang (4500m)
Mount Frey and Wife in the backdrop. 

 

  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Journal of Life 28.04.2023

  Habit Thoughts Exercise: My Religion Went to the Gym on cycle. Did 8 min walk on treadmill. Then moved to the Weights Area for Chest Day 4 sets of Inclined Bench Press with 51 kg max weight and 10 reps. 4 sets of Inclined Dumbell Press. 4 sets of Chest Press Machine with medium weight. 4 sets of Seated Calf raises. I also did 2 sets of standing calf raises in between the bench pres sets. Went to the CrossFit section for banded mobilization of the left hip joint. I do 1 long hold of banded pigeon position in which the stretch of the band is strong and I open my hip joint to the best extent possible. It is indeed a great hip-opening manoeuvre. Later I did the usual McGill Big 3 followed by Shoulder rehabs. Then I did 7 pull-ups on the fat bar. I finished off the workout with 3 good sets of bodyweight Bulgarian Split Squats on the same platform I mentioned earlier. I was little late in getting ...

Daily Journal of Life 27.04.23

  Habit Thoughts Exercise: My Religion Went to the Gym on cycle. Did 8 min walk on treadmill. Tried to run but the back felt uncomfortable so I dropped it. Then moved to the Weights Area for Arms day. 4 sets of Bicep Curl Extensions of medium weight. 4 sets of Seated Dumbell Curls. Medium weight but performed with rep cadence. 4 sets of Preacher EZ Bar Curls with medium weight. 1 set of Hammer Curl. 4 sets Seated Calf raises Went to the CrossFit section for banded mobilization of the left hip joint. I do 1 long hold of banded pigeon position in which the stretch of the band is strong and I open my hip joint to the best extent possible. It is indeed a great hip-opening manoeuvre. Later I did the usual McGill Big 3 followed by Shoulder rehabs. Then I did 7 pull-ups on the fat bar. I finished off the workout with 2 good sets of Barbell Glute bridges on the same platform I mentioned earlier. I closed...

Daily Journal of Life 10.05.2023

Thought of the day We are becoming ever more conscious of our health owing to the never seen before health issues we are fighting. Many lifestyle diseases are plaguing us that we knowingly and unknowingly invite into our lives. It has become ever more important to monitor our health as we have little physical activity left in our lives made easier by technology. Most jobs are desk-based and only a margin of professions now need physical work. Technology has made our lives sedentary. Some people are truly conscious and track down their health stats regularly. It is said that below 40 years of age one can get a yearly or bi-yearly check-up done for general health. After 40 the check-up should be more frequent. I prefer getting a yearly Blood work done just to check if any tweaking around the diet is required. Also, it gives you a peep into the working of your organs and general health. It can alarm you if there is something abnormal that needs working on. There are plenty of marker...