Skip to main content

Daily Journal of Life 30.04.2023

 

Habit

Thoughts

Exercise:

My Religion

Went in the morning later than usual being a Sunday. On reaching the gym found out it was closed. Surprised. Luckily, carried the Anytime Fitness card so went there for lifting.

10 min treadmill walk and run. Then went to do Triceps.    4 sets of Rope Push down lightweight. 4 sets of Triceps extension lightweight. 4 sets of Triceps kickback. Then went for Rehab.

Rehab has been going well, but I still get lower back pain after moderate weight lifting. I had chest day before yesterday. The exercises were on an incline bench. Still, I had back pain all day despite maintaining proper form and not going too heavy on the bar.

So there is a puzzle still unsolved on the injury part. I need to research more and do some extra routines to get better.

After the gym, I came out and saw that Fit 7 was open now. Apparently, it opens at 9 A.M on Sundays. Happily, went to do what I had come for - a Steam bath.

Steam bath feels great. It even has physiological benefits for it enhances the growth hormones. I enjoy it as it relaxes the body and removes impurities from the skin.

Zone 2-3 Training:

The range of Heartrate between 110-145 bpm which is good for cardiovascular health. I note it down through my Garmin watch analysis of the workouts. (180 minutes per week target)

5 mins. 17 mins for the whole week. <10% of the weekly target. Sucks.

Meditate:

5 minutes of practice to start with       

Went to Bangla Sahib Gurudwara. Felt peaceful as I listened to Shabad Kirtan. Saw the Bhai Baghel Singh Museum on Sikh History.

Influence Book:

Book by Robert Cialdini. Want to go slow to internalize the concepts

0 pages. I will pick it up this week.

Homework for life:

A daily practice to capture important events of the day that made an impact on you; that can form a story.

Saw the Gay congregation at C.P today. They stare at you and make you uncomfortable. I feel little uneasy. Wife has different perspective. They have a right to express and stare. Let them. 

Weight:

Daily monitoring to track my eating habits and goals.

Not done. Too lousy.

Push-ups:

Just to have an everyday pump

22

Kegel:

For a strong pelvic muscle floor.

Nope

Calves:

To grow these minions

40 (30 Seated + 10 Standing)

Write:

To take forward a passion not realized

Blog

Mewing:

Just a fad maybe. To breathe better; for a visible jawline

As I write this

One Podcast:

Podcasts to learn and grow. Utilize Travel time

Nothing

Flossing:

Remove Plaque, prevent cavities

Done in Morning

Brush at Night:

Needs no description

Thankfully

Skin Care:

To look at least my age and age gracefully

Doing well.

Clean:

No Intoxications for a spiritual, healthy, productive, and meaningful life

108 days


 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Journal of Life 27.04.23

  Habit Thoughts Exercise: My Religion Went to the Gym on cycle. Did 8 min walk on treadmill. Tried to run but the back felt uncomfortable so I dropped it. Then moved to the Weights Area for Arms day. 4 sets of Bicep Curl Extensions of medium weight. 4 sets of Seated Dumbell Curls. Medium weight but performed with rep cadence. 4 sets of Preacher EZ Bar Curls with medium weight. 1 set of Hammer Curl. 4 sets Seated Calf raises Went to the CrossFit section for banded mobilization of the left hip joint. I do 1 long hold of banded pigeon position in which the stretch of the band is strong and I open my hip joint to the best extent possible. It is indeed a great hip-opening manoeuvre. Later I did the usual McGill Big 3 followed by Shoulder rehabs. Then I did 7 pull-ups on the fat bar. I finished off the workout with 2 good sets of Barbell Glute bridges on the same platform I mentioned earlier. I closed...

Daily Journal of Life 10.05.2023

Thought of the day We are becoming ever more conscious of our health owing to the never seen before health issues we are fighting. Many lifestyle diseases are plaguing us that we knowingly and unknowingly invite into our lives. It has become ever more important to monitor our health as we have little physical activity left in our lives made easier by technology. Most jobs are desk-based and only a margin of professions now need physical work. Technology has made our lives sedentary. Some people are truly conscious and track down their health stats regularly. It is said that below 40 years of age one can get a yearly or bi-yearly check-up done for general health. After 40 the check-up should be more frequent. I prefer getting a yearly Blood work done just to check if any tweaking around the diet is required. Also, it gives you a peep into the working of your organs and general health. It can alarm you if there is something abnormal that needs working on. There are plenty of marker...

Daily Journal of Life 04.05.2023

Thought of the Day Indian Customs is facing a challenge due to the erratic functioning of a newly introduced Electronic Cash Ledger Wallet in the ICEGATE portal. This portal facilitates the trade to make Customs Duty payments for their Imported goods and on Exported goods where ever applicable. The wallet was introduced to improvise on the existing system of reporting the Duty collection figure at the end of the day to RBI. The intent was to help the trade by giving a facility to use their wallets for ease of duty payment and for real-time duty reconciliation for the RBI. The wallet was launched after due deliberations, discussions, and User Acceptance Testing by the vendor team maintaining the portal. However, post its launch the ECL got marred by multiple issues. The payments got almost paralyzed and there became a huge pile of transactions stuck in the system due to either Bank Payment failures or issues of integration of the pay...