Skip to main content

Daily Journal of Life 24.04.2023


 Habits

Habit

Description

Y/N

Remarks

Exercise

My Religion

Yes

Went cycling before arriving at the Gym. Took the Nelson Mandela Road and rode the bike for 20 mins. Not a long ride but got me in the groove to start exercising right away at the Gym.

Got down to hip mobility through banded mobilization exercises. I still have a lot of mobility issues which apparently are the cause of my lower back pain. Also, I have this nagging groin pain which is most likely a Hip impingement. The rehab for this condition is banded hip mobilization. The body welcomes this movement as it gives a good stretch to the Hip joint area. However, I am not sure if this will work as I have been doing it time and again. Let’s be patient about the results.

Then I performed the Mcgill Big 3 which I do almost daily. These core stability movements have been the real force behind my back-injury recovery so far. They infused confidence in me to go back again to the gym and not lose hope. I think they are the No. 1 exercise for lower back injury prevention and also rehab. Squat University professes that these exercises be made a daily feature of the exercise routine.

Later I did some inclined Bench presses with Barbell and Dumbbell. I also did Chest press machine. It was good to lift some weight while being confident that I would be able to manage my pain even if it occurred.

I ended the session with calf raises on the seated calf machine. I think I will be doing Calf raises daily whenever I am at the Fit 7 Gym.

It was a surprise to spot GC Navneet trainer at the gym. He trains at Fit 7 and has gained decent muscle mass in the last 2.5 years since we last saw him. He is a good chap. His only problem is that he gives too much Gyaan in between your exercise. So, we have named him GC. Better not ask for the abbreviation.

Zone 2-3 Training

The range of Heartrate between 110-145 bpm which is good for cardiovascular health. I note it down through my Garmin watch analysis of the workouts. (180 minutes per week target)

17 mins

17 mins for the week. Need to add only the cardio part this week rather than the complete zone 2-3 training including the weight training. Let’s see where we stand on this front.

Meditate

5 minutes of practice to start with

No

 Tried doing it before breakfast. Not picking up. Try before sleeping.

Influence Book

Book by Robert Cialdini. Want to go slow to internalize the concepts

No

Not done again.

Homework for life

A daily practice to capture important events of the day that made an impact on you; that can form a story.

No

Rishi's grandmother passed away on 23.04.23. He sent me video of her being fed last few drops of water through spoon. Got emotional. I missed my Bibi instantly. She is old and frail. She will go away one day. we all will go away one day. It was a solace that Rishi's dadi had her family around which loved her. Sad for Rishi. Sure he would be heartbroken that he saw her for the last time when he moved. 

Weight

Daily monitoring to track my eating habits and goals.

No

Not done today

Pushup

Just to have an everyday pump

No

Actually trained Chest today in the Gym. So I can excuse myself. Need to do it tomorrow.

Kegel

For a strong pelvic muscle floor.

Yes

Did in the Car

Calves

To grow these minions

60

Seated Calf raises + Tibialis Raises

Write

To take forward a passion not realized

Yes

Blog

Mewing

Just a fad maybe. To breathe better; for a visible jawline

No

As I write this

One Podcast

Podcasts to learn and grow. Utilize Travel time

No

No

Flossing

Remove Plaque, prevent cavities

No

No

Brush at Night

Needs no description

Yes

Thankfully

Skin Care

To look at least my age and age gracefully

Yes

Doing well.

Clean

No Intoxications for a spiritual, healthy, productive, and meaningful life

Yes

102 days

No Po

Abstinence from a vice

Yes

351 days. Another landmark. Big landmark in 14 days.

 

 


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Journal of Life 27.04.23

  Habit Thoughts Exercise: My Religion Went to the Gym on cycle. Did 8 min walk on treadmill. Tried to run but the back felt uncomfortable so I dropped it. Then moved to the Weights Area for Arms day. 4 sets of Bicep Curl Extensions of medium weight. 4 sets of Seated Dumbell Curls. Medium weight but performed with rep cadence. 4 sets of Preacher EZ Bar Curls with medium weight. 1 set of Hammer Curl. 4 sets Seated Calf raises Went to the CrossFit section for banded mobilization of the left hip joint. I do 1 long hold of banded pigeon position in which the stretch of the band is strong and I open my hip joint to the best extent possible. It is indeed a great hip-opening manoeuvre. Later I did the usual McGill Big 3 followed by Shoulder rehabs. Then I did 7 pull-ups on the fat bar. I finished off the workout with 2 good sets of Barbell Glute bridges on the same platform I mentioned earlier. I closed...

Daily Journal of Life 10.05.2023

Thought of the day We are becoming ever more conscious of our health owing to the never seen before health issues we are fighting. Many lifestyle diseases are plaguing us that we knowingly and unknowingly invite into our lives. It has become ever more important to monitor our health as we have little physical activity left in our lives made easier by technology. Most jobs are desk-based and only a margin of professions now need physical work. Technology has made our lives sedentary. Some people are truly conscious and track down their health stats regularly. It is said that below 40 years of age one can get a yearly or bi-yearly check-up done for general health. After 40 the check-up should be more frequent. I prefer getting a yearly Blood work done just to check if any tweaking around the diet is required. Also, it gives you a peep into the working of your organs and general health. It can alarm you if there is something abnormal that needs working on. There are plenty of marker...

Daily Journal of Life 04.05.2023

Thought of the Day Indian Customs is facing a challenge due to the erratic functioning of a newly introduced Electronic Cash Ledger Wallet in the ICEGATE portal. This portal facilitates the trade to make Customs Duty payments for their Imported goods and on Exported goods where ever applicable. The wallet was introduced to improvise on the existing system of reporting the Duty collection figure at the end of the day to RBI. The intent was to help the trade by giving a facility to use their wallets for ease of duty payment and for real-time duty reconciliation for the RBI. The wallet was launched after due deliberations, discussions, and User Acceptance Testing by the vendor team maintaining the portal. However, post its launch the ECL got marred by multiple issues. The payments got almost paralyzed and there became a huge pile of transactions stuck in the system due to either Bank Payment failures or issues of integration of the pay...