Skip to main content

Daily Journal of Life 20.04.2023

 

Habits

Professional

ICEGATE crisis of ECL roll-out Day-2

The second day of reporting to the ICEAGTE vertical for extending a helping hand to arms that are hypertrophied already. Regardless, we contributed to the socializing part of the officers. There was data entry work assigned by my boss which he needed today. I sat with my immediate boss and tried to make sense of the emails that I was assigned to sort and make a database. I did as much as I could. The remaining work was delegated to the junior.

The remaining time was spent in the office doing miscellaneous tasks. Can the day be described as productive? Yes and No. Yes, because we delivered what was expected. No, because the work was not itself productive in nature. We did add value to what was assigned to us. But the work itself was of the nature of duplicity. The data that we have extracted will serve hardly any purpose as the issues pertaining to 2 weeks ago. Most of the matters would be sorted by now. Leadership may not even take a look at the list. But whims and fancies rule the roost. You can either be always prepared or be at risk of reprimand for uncalled expectations.

Small talks and cribbing are the centerpieces of time spent in big offices. You give undue amounts of time to issues that actually deserve little. It is a type of Disguised unemployment. Here multiple officers are taking care of tasks that one can easily handle given he has resources at his disposal. I hope the situation gets better and we are able to contribute to the original work. In a way, I miss my days in the field where there was no dearth of work and you had subordinates lined up with files.

I am happy that my junior has joined back at the office post his relieving from his parent Commissionerate. It was quick and surprising. It would be good to have him aside as he has good skills suitable for the job.

Family

Spoke to Mom-in-law at Sirhind. Talked about my office routine and the issue we are resolving at work. She told that Daddy is doing his bit on the first floor of the shop where the sanitary stuff is lying. He is trying to sort the stock. I like his approach. He pays 1 hour daily and deploys Karamjit to place the things. If he continues it, it will further help to decongest the space and give clarity to the stock at hand. We do our part whenever we can Although after December we have not taken the task forward owing to help from a learned plumber, but also that we have been having less time at hand. I hope to get the task sorted in the coming days and finalize the list of stock. Then the list would be shared with friends who can help with vendors who can procure the items in the store. It is going to be challenging but we are prepared to take it head-on.

 

Habits

Habit

Description

Yes/No

Remarks

Exercise

My Religion

Yes

Went to Anytime Fitness. Attended Yoga class.

Did 15 mins cardio and pull ups(7).

Then went to the Yoga class for 1 hour. There is a lot of stiffness in the Hip area which needs to be addressed. I actually watched a video by Squat University that presented a case that was the most similar to my case. The subject had pain while descending on the deadlift. Also, he had limited mobility on the internal rotation of lower leg in 90 degrees leg tucked lying position.Also while tucking the leg to chest position, the subject had a pinching pain. He also had a hip shift while squatting.

The case of the subject is similar to me. While assessing myself for the parameters that I read in rebuilding Milo- a book by Aaron Horshig the face of Squat University, I realized that I might have extension intolerance which is the position of descent part of Deadlift.

My injury occurred after Deadlifting 160 Kg for 2 reps without belt. I wrongly presumed that I had great core stability and Glute strength. I realized in a painful way way that it was not the case.

I have now been doing Mcgill Big 3 exercises for quite while. It has benefitted immensely. I am confident that it will take me back to my lifting routine. I should also include Glute strengthening as part of the daily routine.

I have learned in this injury that taking things easy is very important. I get casual in the excitement of lifting heavy. I overestimate my capacity at times.

Zone 2-3 Training

The range of Heartrate between 110-145 bpm which is good for cardiovascular health. I note it down through my Garmin watch analysis of the workouts. (180 minutes per week target)

29 mins

59 mins in total for this week.

Target 180 mins for the week.

3 days left in the week.

Progress daily to reach the Goal.

Meditate

5 minutes of practice to start with

Yes

Tried for 5 mins in the morning. Tried thought observing. Was good.

Focussed on the oneness and not for an end result as I did earlier. Silence does feel good.

Influence Book

Book by Robert Cialdini. Want to go slow to internalize the concepts

No

Not done again. A bit busy today.

Homework for life

A daily practice to capture important events of the day that made an impact on you; that can form a story.

No

I will wait for this

Weight

Daily monitoring to track my eating habits and goals.

86.95 kg

Did it empty stomach with some water

Pushup

Just to have an everyday pump

25 reps

In the bathroom before showering.

Kegel

For a strong pelvic muscle floor.

No

Try again tomorrow.

Calves

To grow these minions

Yes

50 reps 1 set

Write

To take forward a passion not realized

Yes

Blog

Mewing

Just a fad maybe. To breathe better; for a visible jawline

Yes

As I write this

One Podcast

Podcasts to learn and grow. Utilise Travel time

No

Missed due to work while commuting

Flossing

Remove Plaque, prevent cavities

Yes

Morning

Brush at Night

Needs no description

Yes

Of course I will

Skin Care

To look at least my age and age gracefully

Yes

Doing well.

Clean

No Intoxications for a spiritual, healthy, productive, and meaningful life

Yes

Solid 98th day of staying clean.


 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Journal of Life 27.04.23

  Habit Thoughts Exercise: My Religion Went to the Gym on cycle. Did 8 min walk on treadmill. Tried to run but the back felt uncomfortable so I dropped it. Then moved to the Weights Area for Arms day. 4 sets of Bicep Curl Extensions of medium weight. 4 sets of Seated Dumbell Curls. Medium weight but performed with rep cadence. 4 sets of Preacher EZ Bar Curls with medium weight. 1 set of Hammer Curl. 4 sets Seated Calf raises Went to the CrossFit section for banded mobilization of the left hip joint. I do 1 long hold of banded pigeon position in which the stretch of the band is strong and I open my hip joint to the best extent possible. It is indeed a great hip-opening manoeuvre. Later I did the usual McGill Big 3 followed by Shoulder rehabs. Then I did 7 pull-ups on the fat bar. I finished off the workout with 2 good sets of Barbell Glute bridges on the same platform I mentioned earlier. I closed...

Daily Journal of Life 10.05.2023

Thought of the day We are becoming ever more conscious of our health owing to the never seen before health issues we are fighting. Many lifestyle diseases are plaguing us that we knowingly and unknowingly invite into our lives. It has become ever more important to monitor our health as we have little physical activity left in our lives made easier by technology. Most jobs are desk-based and only a margin of professions now need physical work. Technology has made our lives sedentary. Some people are truly conscious and track down their health stats regularly. It is said that below 40 years of age one can get a yearly or bi-yearly check-up done for general health. After 40 the check-up should be more frequent. I prefer getting a yearly Blood work done just to check if any tweaking around the diet is required. Also, it gives you a peep into the working of your organs and general health. It can alarm you if there is something abnormal that needs working on. There are plenty of marker...

Daily Journal of Life 04.05.2023

Thought of the Day Indian Customs is facing a challenge due to the erratic functioning of a newly introduced Electronic Cash Ledger Wallet in the ICEGATE portal. This portal facilitates the trade to make Customs Duty payments for their Imported goods and on Exported goods where ever applicable. The wallet was introduced to improvise on the existing system of reporting the Duty collection figure at the end of the day to RBI. The intent was to help the trade by giving a facility to use their wallets for ease of duty payment and for real-time duty reconciliation for the RBI. The wallet was launched after due deliberations, discussions, and User Acceptance Testing by the vendor team maintaining the portal. However, post its launch the ECL got marred by multiple issues. The payments got almost paralyzed and there became a huge pile of transactions stuck in the system due to either Bank Payment failures or issues of integration of the pay...