Skip to main content

First Blog – A take at writing

 


It gives me immense joy to publish my first blog after thinking about it for almost 8 years. ‘Exhilarated’ would be a soft word to describe my current disposition. It gives me great satisfaction that I now have a chance to connect to the world. I have rarely ever used any social media apart from WhatsApp. The Blog is the place where I always thought I would find my expression. And here I am today publishing something that I should have done a long time back.

About myself


I would start by giving a short brief of myself. I am a Government servant based in India. I was born and brought up in Punjab. I am a fitness enthusiast, a mountaineer by passion, a keen learner, an average writer, and a fairly active person. I have varied interests outside my office life which I like to pursue regularly.

Why Blogging


As I mentioned earlier, I have always tried to find expression through my writing. It was always in my mind to share my thoughts with people around me.

9 years back it was about showcasing my creative writing, to impress my friends. I was lucky that I never published back then as I would now be embarrassed by that thought frame. I was unlucky, that I was not mature enough with my mindset on one side and lacked the discipline to blog on the other.

Today, after getting tumbled over many times by life; having sharp edges smoothened by experiences, I am at a stage where I can consciously observe my pretensions and behavior. Although late, it gives me happiness to be here.

My goal is to express my mind, be open to the world, and help people with my writing. The limited experiences I have gained over the years may be useful to the reader. Also, it would be delightful to entertain readers of my posts who take an interest in my adventure or travel stories. Writing would be a medium to connect to like minds around the world but also as a means to connect to self.

What will I write about?

I would be writing about my primary interests, including traveling mountaineering, fitness, and self-improvement. Although the interests are varied, they all would be written with passion and zeal.

Aspiration


As a blogger, I aspire to give the world stories worth sharing. If they impact even a single life anywhere in the world, I would consider my writing successful. My long-term goal is to write a novel one day. Hence, I would treat this blog also as an apprenticeship program. So, stay tuned to this page for upcoming articles. Let's learn together and help each other through this medium. Peace.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Journal of Life 27.04.23

  Habit Thoughts Exercise: My Religion Went to the Gym on cycle. Did 8 min walk on treadmill. Tried to run but the back felt uncomfortable so I dropped it. Then moved to the Weights Area for Arms day. 4 sets of Bicep Curl Extensions of medium weight. 4 sets of Seated Dumbell Curls. Medium weight but performed with rep cadence. 4 sets of Preacher EZ Bar Curls with medium weight. 1 set of Hammer Curl. 4 sets Seated Calf raises Went to the CrossFit section for banded mobilization of the left hip joint. I do 1 long hold of banded pigeon position in which the stretch of the band is strong and I open my hip joint to the best extent possible. It is indeed a great hip-opening manoeuvre. Later I did the usual McGill Big 3 followed by Shoulder rehabs. Then I did 7 pull-ups on the fat bar. I finished off the workout with 2 good sets of Barbell Glute bridges on the same platform I mentioned earlier. I closed...

Daily Journal of Life 10.05.2023

Thought of the day We are becoming ever more conscious of our health owing to the never seen before health issues we are fighting. Many lifestyle diseases are plaguing us that we knowingly and unknowingly invite into our lives. It has become ever more important to monitor our health as we have little physical activity left in our lives made easier by technology. Most jobs are desk-based and only a margin of professions now need physical work. Technology has made our lives sedentary. Some people are truly conscious and track down their health stats regularly. It is said that below 40 years of age one can get a yearly or bi-yearly check-up done for general health. After 40 the check-up should be more frequent. I prefer getting a yearly Blood work done just to check if any tweaking around the diet is required. Also, it gives you a peep into the working of your organs and general health. It can alarm you if there is something abnormal that needs working on. There are plenty of marker...

Daily Journal of Life 04.05.2023

Thought of the Day Indian Customs is facing a challenge due to the erratic functioning of a newly introduced Electronic Cash Ledger Wallet in the ICEGATE portal. This portal facilitates the trade to make Customs Duty payments for their Imported goods and on Exported goods where ever applicable. The wallet was introduced to improvise on the existing system of reporting the Duty collection figure at the end of the day to RBI. The intent was to help the trade by giving a facility to use their wallets for ease of duty payment and for real-time duty reconciliation for the RBI. The wallet was launched after due deliberations, discussions, and User Acceptance Testing by the vendor team maintaining the portal. However, post its launch the ECL got marred by multiple issues. The payments got almost paralyzed and there became a huge pile of transactions stuck in the system due to either Bank Payment failures or issues of integration of the pay...